Potential side effects
SUPPRELIN® LA, like similar medicines, may cause a temporary increase in some hormones
- You may notice more signs of puberty in the first week of treatment and new signs may develop. You should see evidence that puberty is stopping within 4 weeks of treatment
- The most common side effects of SUPPRELIN® LA are skin reactions at the place where the implant is inserted. Such reactions may include bruising, soreness, pain, tingling, itching, and swelling. They usually go away without treatment within 2 weeks
- Call your child’s healthcare professional if he or she has bleeding, redness, or pain at the insertion site
- Serious and life-threatening allergic reactions have happened with GnRH medicines (the type of medicine in SUPPRELIN® LA)
- Some people taking GnRH agonists like SUPPRELIN® LA have had new or worsening mental (psychiatric) problems and seizures. Call your child's doctor right away if they experience these events
Ask your child's healthcare professional for more information or see Important Safety Information for further details.
These may not be all the side effects of SUPPRELIN® LA
This information does not replace counseling from a healthcare professional.